CLN's monthly webinars are recorded for convenient viewing. Rick Freehling (Critical Thinking & Reasoning/Economics & Globalization Teacher and Department Chair for the 21st Century Program at Harrison High School) will lead the conversation on creating and running a school devoted to learning for the 21st century.
Now in its fifth year, Harrison's 21st Cenury Program focuses on critical thinking and construction of knowledge in a "global" classroom. Topics the webinar will explore include:
· assessment of skills and habits of mind;
· re-thinking the "core" of a curriculum;
· co-learning with students while facilitating their learning;
· issues of creating a school-within-a-school and innovating in a model NCLB district;
· the learning outcomes from thinking and acting globally as well as locally.